Police intensify search for last suspect in LASU graduate killing..

 Police intensify search for last suspect in LASU graduate killing..


The Lagos State Police Command on Monday said it had intensified its search for Teniola Ajisomo, who is the remaining suspect linked to the murder of a 28-year-old graduate of Lagos State University, Adedamola Ogunbode.


The Lagos State Police Command on March 12, exhumed the body of the late Ogunbode from a shallow grave behind the LASU fence in its Ojo campus.


Details News Metro reported that the deceased, a Political Science Education graduate, had been missing since January 16.


Among those arrested during police investigations were Sunday Whepetoji, a pastor, who allegedly received N70,000 from the victim’s account; and Sheriff Adebayo, a church member, accused of also receiving N300,000.



Also, Omolara Ajisomo, who allegedly helped her children, Teniola and Olaoluwa Ajisomo, escape to Cotonou, Benin Republic, after each received N300,000 from the victim’s account, was arrested too.


Meanwhile, Olaoluwa was arrested in the Alakuko area of the state before leading the police to the shallow grave.


Reacting to an inquiry by details news on Monday, the command’s spokesperson, CSP Benjamin Hundeyin, said Teniola was still on the run.


He said, “The suspect is still at large and we are trying to get him and we will soon get him. The Shepherd and Sheriff are in Ikoyi correctional centre and Ajisomo who took us to the grave is still with us and is assisting with the investigation.”


Hundeyin also confirmed that Omolara who aided the escape of her children had been released.


“The mother of two of the suspects has been released. She was arrested because her children used her identity to register the SIM. It was the SIM registration that led us to her. But when we discovered that she was not the one using the phone and we arrested the person using the phone, so we let the mother go.”


Hundeyin who addressed newsmen in the course of the probe said the church where some people alleged that the missing boy was killed and buried had been sealed to prevent it from being burned.


“The church was sealed following intelligence reports that some people planned to burn it down out of vengeance, and we do not want that to happen.


“It is still a suspected crime scene, we still need to go over it, and we may need to revisit that scene multiple times for us to gather evidential value.


“The church has been sealed for now to prevent it from being burnt. And we assure the public that updates will be given about the investigation and the progress we have made as soon as we get new updates,” he said.




0/Post a Comment/Comments